Key 4th Quarter Tax Deadlines for Businesses and Other Employers
09.18.17 | TAX Chat
Here are some of the key tax-related deadlines affecting businesses and other employers during the fourth quarter of 2017. This list isn’t all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. Contact us to learn if you’re meeting all applicable deadlines and for more details about the filing requirements.
- If a calendar-year C corporation that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2016 income tax return (Form 1120) and pay any tax, interest, and penalties due
- Make contributions for 2016 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2017 (Form 941) and pay any tax due. (See exception below.)
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2017 (Form 941), if you deposited on time and in full all of the associated taxes due
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the fourth installment of 2017 estimated income taxes
If you have questions about meeting deadlines, you can reach me at HZemel@BerdonLLP.com or contact to your Berdon advisor.
Hal Zemel, a Tax Partner at Berdon LLP, New York Accountants, has nearly 25 years in public accounting and advises businesses in the manufacturing, distribution, advertising, and real estate sectors.