Family Office Services Practice
As advisors to family offices since 1917, Berdon has a deep understanding of the subtle and direct interplay between the needs of the family office, the family, and the individual members. Our approach is to work with you to understand your complete picture—you, your family, and your goals and unique concerns—before making a single recommendation or developing a detailed service approach.
Berdon’s Family Office Services Practice is comprised of an expert group of CPAs, lawyers, accountants, and other specialists who offer family offices and their principals a full array of services that are designed to ensure compliance, drive efficiency and preserve wealth.
BERDON CAN BE YOUR RESOURCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Check writing, bill paying, and bookkeeping
- Cash management – cash and securities transfers amongst banks and budgeting
- Maintaining, analyzing and reconciling general ledger accounts
- Analyzing your diverse portfolio and preparing investment summaries
- Facilitating sales, liquidations, and purchases of property, art work, other collectibles
- Maintaining and administering household payroll
- Evaluating healthcare and other insurance coverage and identifying cost containment options
- Record retention and management
- Planning to ensure that you reap the full benefits from charitable contributions
- Identifying funding options for education
These services are also supported by an extensive menu of specialty services, including tax preparation and planning, valuation and due diligence, fund administration, and real estate advisory.
Providing our clients with broad, yet sophisticated, expertise and guidance enables them to dedicate their energies to achieving all of their objectives, while feeling confident that the management of their personal assets and are in the care of experienced and caring hands.
10.12.20 | Industry Insider On Thursday, October 8, 2020, John Fitzgerald, CPA and Joseph Most, J.D. from Berdon LLP were joined by Jeffrey Mercado and Monica Vazquez from Sterling National […]
Sarah Kim, J.D., LL.M. and Ken Maeng, J.D. 10.7.20 | Client Alert New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy recently signed the fiscal 2021 budget which includes a so-called “millionaires tax.” The […]
10.5.20 | Industry Insider John Fitzgerald, Partner at Berdon LLP sits with Gabe Marans, Senior Managing Director, New York, Savills, Inc. to survey the current state and future of office […]