TAX TALK: 2018 Q3 - Key Tax Deadlines for Businesses
Here are some of the key tax-related deadlines affecting businesses and other employers during the third quarter of 2018. Keep in mind that this list is not all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. Contact us to ensure you’re meeting all applicable deadlines and to learn more about the filing requirements.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for second quarter 2018 (Form 941), and pay any tax due. (See the exception below, under “August 10.”)
- File a 2017 calendar-year retirement plan report (Form 5500 or Form 5500-EZ) or request an extension.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for second quarter 2018 (Form 941), if you deposited on time and in full all of the associated taxes due.
- If you are a calendar-year C corporation, pay the third installment of 2018 estimated income taxes.
- If you are a calendar-year S corporation or partnership that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2017 income tax return (Form 1120S, Form 1065 or Form 1065-B) and pay any tax, interest and penalties due.
- Make contributions for 2017 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.
If you have questions about meeting your deadlines, contact me at meagan@BerdonLLP.com or contact to your Berdon advisor.
Michael Eagan, J.D., LL.M., a Berdon LLP tax manager, has nearly 20 years of experience in the accounting profession with a concentration in the real estate industry including partnerships and international organizations. He works extensively with REITs to minimize corporate taxes and maximize tax benefits.