MANUFACTURING | DISTRIBUTION | RETAIL
Berdon delivers its extensive expertise in guiding closely held businesses—the core of our practice since our founding over a century ago—to advising clients in manufacturing, distribution, and retail. In these sectors, success requires overcoming challenges that extend beyond product and production.
Berdon helps manufacturers and distributors:
- Enhance operational efficiency by:
- Setting up controls to monitor inventory, cash flow, sales, and payroll
- Initiating just-in-time and other resource management systems
- Developing operational budgets
Reduce the tax bite by structuring our clients businesses to maximize tax benefits while meeting the demands of federal, state, local, and international regulations.
Overcome international barriers for inbound and outbound transactions by leveraging the Firm’s international accounting and tax expertise.
Some core industry sub-segments are team specializes in includes:
- Aerospace and Defense
- Apparel and Accessories
- Building Materials and Construction Supply Chain
- Energy and Utilities
- Food and Beverage
- Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences
For more than 50 years, Berdon professionals have successfully guided clients through the evolutions and revolutions in retail for more than 50 years. Our Firm constantly refines procedures to help ensure profitability, in keeping with retail’s ever-changing landscape.
In this role, Berdon helps our retail clients:
Improve operations by offering inventive strategies to streamline and upgrade client operations and reduce overall costs. The Firm accomplishes this in a number of ways, including:
- Performing cost/benefit analyses
- Strategizing lease negotiations
- Reducing shrinkage
- Setting wage and benefit policies
- Assisting in obtaining financing
Maximize tax positions by:
- Structuring client businesses to make the most of existing tax benefits
- Minimizing taxes to businesses and owners through effective tax planning
- Examining the tax implications of leasing, as opposed to buying equipment
- Exploring changing IRS rules for independent contractors
This panel discussion moderated by Berdon Partner, Meyer Mintz, featured Jennifer McLean from Kushner Companies, Andrea Olshan from Olshan Properties, and Richard Ruben from Ruben Companies and focused on the […]
John Fitzgerald, CPA 12.12.19 | Client Alert “Every firm that has exposure to LIBOR needs to prepare now for the risk—indeed, the likelihood—that LIBOR will cease in the near future.” […]
This fireside chat with Carl Riccadonna, Chief U.S. Economist, Bloomberg LP and Jeff Langbaum Senior Analyst – Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), Bloomberg Intelligence provides an overview of the national […]