Today’s hotel and restaurant owner/operator faces unique challenges that include business, economic, and tax considerations, as well as fluctuations in styles and tastes. With decades of experience working with leading figures in the hotel and restaurant sectors, and pioneers driving to make their mark, Berdon professionals help clients meet short-and long-term goals.
Advisors at Berdon, with industry-specific experience, help structure entities to yield the most desirable business and tax results. Our professionals provide:
- Internal audits to identify areas of risk and introduce controls to more efficiently monitor cash flow, sales, payroll, and other internal functions
- Options to obtain financing and to structure agreements, including buy/sell and management agreements
- Due diligence and profitability studies, for new business opportunities
The restaurant sector has its own unique set of challenges. With a keen understanding of such issues, Berdon professionals:
- Stay ahead of the curve of ongoing changes in rules for tip reporting and sales tax
- Conduct audits for tips, sales and use tax, and income tax
- Assist in setting up internal controls, performance track reporting, and expansive due diligence
The goal, as a hotelier or restaurateur, is to provide the best experience possible for their guests. It is Berdon’s goal to provide that same level of service to our clients.
This panel discussion moderated by Berdon Partner, Meyer Mintz, featured Jennifer McLean from Kushner Companies, Andrea Olshan from Olshan Properties, and Richard Ruben from Ruben Companies and focused on the […]
John Fitzgerald, CPA 12.12.19 | Client Alert “Every firm that has exposure to LIBOR needs to prepare now for the risk—indeed, the likelihood—that LIBOR will cease in the near future.” […]
This fireside chat with Carl Riccadonna, Chief U.S. Economist, Bloomberg LP and Jeff Langbaum Senior Analyst – Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), Bloomberg Intelligence provides an overview of the national […]