Vincent Altieri, a Principal in Berdon LLP’s Audit Department with more than 15 years of experience, serves clients in a broad array of industries, most notably in the real estate and real estate-related sectors. He has also provided tax and accounting services to retail enterprises, nonprofit organizations and foundations, wholesalers, and professional service firms.
His particular experience includes:
- Executing all phases of audit and other attest engagements, including planning, program execution,
and client relations
- Preparing GAAP and income-tax basis financial statements and required disclosures for audits, reviews, and compilations
- Overseeing the construction management and monthly requisition process, including preparation, updating, and maintenance of monthly budgets, interfacing with vendors on various issues, and ensuring timely and accurate submission of reports to lenders to expedite funding
- Preparing domestic multistate corporation and partnership tax returns
- Preparing income tax returns for tax-exempt organizations
- Analyzing partnership agreements, commercial and capital leases, financing agreements,
insurance, and loan covenants
- Assessing the adequacy of accounting, financial, and operational controls
- Conducting due diligence reviews and agreed-upon procedures
- Performing ratio and variance analysis
- Evaluating clients’ internal control structure with suggestions to management
- Assisting in identifying potential fraud within a business
- Implementing new technology systems and firm-wide efficiency strategies, time and billing, and other accounting software
- Participating in implementation of firm-wide financial statement software, including template design, training, and policy development
- Supervising, training, and evaluating staff
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
Vincent was interviewed by The WU Report on changes in the New York office space market. He was selected by amNY Metro and PoliticsNY as one of the 2022 Real Estate and Development Power Players.
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Vincent graduated from Fordham University with a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting. He has been licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in New York since 2003.