Veronique Horne, a Berdon LLP Senior Principal, has been with the firm for more than 18 years. She works closely with high net worth individuals and family businesses and advises on issues in estates and trusts.
Her experience extends to:
- Consulting on updating estate and financial plans, including reviewing wills, trust instruments and gifting, documents
- Devising sophisticated estate planning strategies, among them grantor retained annuity trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, and generation skipping trusts
- Assisting with budgeting, projections, and cash flow concerns
- Tax planning and reviewing federal and state income tax returns for high net worth individuals
- Planning and reviewing fiduciary income tax returns and decedent’s final returns
- Planning and reviewing federal and state estate and gift tax returns
- Planning and reviewing federal and state nonprofit tax returns
- Working with client management teams in researching and resolving tax questions and technical issues
- Collaborating with attorneys, financial advisors, and other professionals
- Pursuing federal tax savings and deferral opportunities while helping clients stay compliant with the latest tax regulations
- Representing clients in federal and state audits
She provides in-house technical training on tax issues to new staff and is a member of Berdon’s Personal Wealth Services Group.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
New York State Bar Association
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Veronique holds a Bachelor of Science degree in finance from the University of Buffalo. She received a Juris Doctor degree, with a tax concentration, from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law.