Taylor Ulezalka, an audit principal, has been with Berdon LLP for more than 10 years. She has extensive experience with respect to accounting, auditing, and tax principles relating to the real estate industry, and has earned the title of a true “trusted advisor” to her clients. She has worked with the some of the country’s most prominent real estate owners, developers, managers, and investors in commercial and residential projects. Ms. Ulezalka also has a background in tax compliance and tax planning to closely held real estate businesses and high net worth individuals.
She provides a broad array of accounting, auditing, and tax services and her expertise encompasses areas that include:
- Preparing and analyzing financial statements on a GAAP and income tax basis, including cash flow and budget analysis
- Reviewing corporate and partnership tax returns to identify savings opportunities
- Calculating Section 754 step-up and analyzing Section 704B basis issues
- Advising on the Tangible Property Regulation and its tax effect on privately held real estate companies and their owners
- Consulting on Section 1031 exchanges, low income housing tax credits, cross-purchase arrangements and other complicated tax transactions
- Checking multistate income tax returns — including state allocations and investment portfolio holdings such as stocks, bonds, private equity and master limited partnership investments.
- Performing tax projections and structuring tax planning strategies
- Assembling special purpose financial statements, among them certiorari filings and statements of operating escalations for escalation billing to tenants
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Taylor Ulezalka graduated from the University of Maryland with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. She has been licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in New York since 2008.