Shirley Hu, a Principal in Berdon LLP’s audit department with more than 10 years of experience, works closely with clients in the residential and commercial real estate business sectors. Her areas of focus include audit, accounting, and tax services.
Her expertise encompasses areas that include:
- Preparing and reviewing GAAP and income tax basis audited, reviewed, and compiled financial statements for real estate properties
- Conducting agreed upon procedures and certiorari filings
- Reviewing multistate partnership and corporation tax returns in various industries including hospitality, investment, and real estate
- Reviewing and analyzing partnership agreements, commercial leases, financing agreements, and loan covenants
- Conducting various special projects relating to calculation of gains relating to potential sales, 1031 exchange transactions, 754 step-up, and transfer of partnership interest
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
Shirley provides internal training — teaching various courses relating to basic real estate concepts, complex financing arrangements, fixed assets, and fraud.
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Shirley Hu received her Bachelor of Accounting and Masters in Accounting from Binghamton University. She is licensed as a CPA in New York State.