Robert Zimmerman is a Principal at Berdon LLP with more than 20 years as a professional in accounting and consulting. Robert leverages his broad experience in senior level positions to advise clients in the real estate industry in areas that include partnership taxation, tax consulting, and tax research.
His broad array of accounting and tax expertise encompasses areas that include:
- Providing tax compliance and advisory services to partnerships, corporations and REITs
- Reviewing corporate, REIT, and partnership tax returns to ensure compliance with all federal,
state, and local statutes and regulations
- Analyzing partnership agreements regarding partner profit and loss allocations
- Researching the tax implications of partnership agreements
- Mediating and help to resolve tax-related issues with various governing authorities
- Preparing multinational corporate and partnership tax returns
- Preparing partnership returns and related compliance for private equity funds holding foreign investments
- Identifying tax saving and tax minimization opportunities
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Robert graduated Summa Cum Laude from Touro College with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. He is licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in New York State.