Michelle Chan is a Principal in Berdon LLP’s Audit Department with more than 10 years of experience in accounting. She works closely with both residential and commercial real estate owners, operators, and developers, as well as REITs and law and other professional service firms.
Michelle’s experience spans:
- Reviewing the due diligence performed for potential law firm mergers and lateral partner additions
- Performing operating expense escalation audits and certiorari filings
- Examining corporate and partnership income tax returns
- Reviewing, documenting, and testing internal controls to identify and report on areas of risk or weakness
- Verifying REIT compliance
- Reviewing internal controls procedures on various business cycles for REITs
- Planning and supervising audits, reviews, and compilations
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Employee Benefits Committee
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Michelle holds a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from the State University of New York at Binghamton. She is licensed as a CPA in New York State.