Michael Tasch, a Partner in the Family Office/High Net Worth Individuals Services Group, has more than 25 years of experience advising high net worth individuals, including entertainers, musicians, artists, models, and their business managers. He also works closely with record companies, recording studios, restaurants, hotels, manufacturers, real estate enterprises, and family offices. Consulting on business, personal wealth, estate planning, and tax planning matters in the U.S. and abroad, Michael helps clients increase, retain, and transfer wealth.
Providing long-term financial and tax planning services as well as day-to-day business assistance, he:
- Evaluates cash flow and helps establish a regular and timely income stream
- Structures business entities to minimize taxes and maximize financial return
- Performs production and tour accounting, including ensuring that budgets are reasonable and reducing the tax impact
- Reviews contracts and agreements to evaluate if all parties are fulfilling their obligations and staying within the terms of the contract
- Verifies that financial plans are properly carried out
- Devises estate planning strategies to preserve and transfer wealth
- Supervises the planning and preparation of fiduciary trust accountings and income tax returns
- Advises on ways to meet long-term capital needs, including education and expenses
- Reviews and evaluates insurance, healthcare, and retirement plans
- Keeps clients up-to-date on tax changes that could impact their wealth
Michael also advises closely held and family enterprises on obtaining financing, planning for transition, managing growth, and related issues.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Institution of Certified Public Accountants
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
Michael has been quoted in Long Island Business News on royalty investigations and wealth preservation for artists and entertainers. He speaks to professional audiences on acquiring and selling businesses.
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Michael earned his Bachelor of Science degree in accounting at C.W. Post College. He was licensed as a certified public accountant in New York in 1988.