A Tax Partner and Co-Leader of the Real Estate Practice Group at Berdon LLP, Meyer Mintz has been with the firm for nearly 25 years. He has particular expertise in the tax aspects of real estate, including partnership agreements, limited liability companies, and other business organizations. Analyzing potential transactions from both a tax and an overall business perspective, he provides clients with a more comprehensive picture on which to base their decisions. Meyer has also worked with attorneys in litigation matters. He has testified as an expert witness on behalf of a defendant at a FINRA arbitration hearing. Meyer’s testimony regarding a complex tax matter was successful in sustaining the defendant’s tax position.
Working closely with clients, Meyer advises on:
- Planning and structuring joint venture arrangements, including property development
- Equity reorganizations of real estate partnerships
- Analyzing the tax consequences of sales and purchases of real estate
- Maximizing the efficiency of day-to-day business operations
- Structuring for estate plans
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
New York State Bar Association
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
Vibrant Emotional Health
- Board of Directors
- Chair of the Audit Committee
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Meyer holds a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Touro College, a Juris Doctor degree from Brooklyn Law School, and a Master of Laws in taxation at New York University School of Law. He is licensed as a certified public accountant in New York State.