An Audit Partner, Marc Fogel has over 20 years of experience advising closely held businesses across an array of industries and professions — among them Real Estate, Hospitality, Hedge Funds, and Distribution.
A specialist in the Real Estate Industry, he provides tax compliance and tax planning services for both residential and commercial real estate clients, including owners, operators, and developers, as well as REITs.
His expertise extends to areas that include:
- Preparing and reviewing both GAAP and income tax basis financial statements
- Analyzing the tax and financial impact of sales, purchases, and other transactions and recommending various treatments and techniques to achieve the most effective results
- Examining operating expenses and real estate tax escalations to isolate any miscalculations, ambiguities, or questionable areas
- Reviewing the tax implications of various types of like-kind exchanges
- Performing due diligence on potential client acquisitions
Marc serves on the firm’s Real Estate Services Practice Group and speaks before professional associations including the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants. He shares his expertise with young staff members at internal training seminars.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Real Estate Committee
Marc was selected by Long Island Business News for the Accounting Ones to Watch special section.
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Marc earned his Bachelor of Science degree in accounting at SUNY Binghamton. He received his license as a certified public accountant in New York in 2000.