Marc Ausfresser, a principal in the Berdon LLP tax department, has more than 20 years of experience in tax planning, research, and consulting. A specialist in international taxation, Mr. Ausfresser also works with clients on individual, partnership, and S corporation tax and planning issues. His broad international experience spans:
- Planning the organization of business entities to minimize taxes and maximize financial return through use of foreign and domestic subsidiaries, partnership/LLCs, and hybrid entities
- Structuring crossborder business investments
- Advising foreign nationals and resident aliens working in the United States as well as U.S. citizens temporarily working abroad on tax issues
As a trusted advisor, Mr. Ausfresser regularly consults with real estate, entertainment, and high net worth individual clients, lending his acumen to a wide range of projects including complex tax aspects of partnerships, corporations, and other entity structures.
His expertise also encompasses:
- Acquisitions and reorganizations
- Like-kind exchanges
- Executive compensation arrangements
- Licensing and performance issues
Before joining Berdon, Mr. Ausfresser served as tax counsel to one of the three largest television networks. There he conducted research and planning for all major transactions and assisted in preparing the network’s consolidated tax returns. In addition, he analyzed and consulted on tax aspects of international distribution and licensing of television and radio products, and on offshore subsidiaries and earnings flow to the parent corporation.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
Mr. Ausfresser authored the artcile ” New Tax Rules Call for Quick Action to Reap Serious Tax Savings” for Real Estate Weekly and co-authored the articles “Impact of Windsor on Federal Tax Law” and “The Change from Cash to Accrual” for Nassau Lawyer. He was selected for the “Ones to Watch in Accounting” section in Long Island Business News.
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Mr. Ausfresser earned his bachelor’s degree at Brooklyn College. He holds his Juris Doctor degree from University of Buffalo School of Law and his Master of Laws degree in taxation from New York University.