Jigar Shah, a Partner in Berdon LLP’s Audit Department, has been with the firm for over 15 years and has more than 18 years of professional experience in public accounting. He provides an array of audit, accounting, and tax services to clients throughout the real estate sector, including those involved in commercial, residential, condominium development, self-storage, and parking garages. His broad expertise encompasses areas that include:
- Planning and supervising GAAP and income tax basis audits, reviews, and compilations of financial statements
- Reviewing income tax returns for limited liability companies, partnerships, S corporations, trusts, and high net worth individuals
- Planning and supervising trust accounting audits
- Planning and reviewing special purpose financial statements in connection with certiorari filings, condominium conversion filings, and statements of operating expense escalation for escalation billing to tenants
- Reviewing clients’ policies and procedures to advise on ways to improve internal controls and increase efficiency
Jigar is a member of the Firm’s Real Estate Niche and has contributed in writing articles on real estate industry and technology impacting the real estate industry. Jigar is actively involved in the Firm’s Audit Technology, Innovation and Data Analytics initiatives. He also leads the DANCE (Data ANalytics to Create Efficiencies) Team in the Audit Department.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Technology Assurance Committee
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Jigar earned a Bachelor of Commerce degree in Financial Accounting and Auditing from Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics, University of Mumbai, India. He received a Chartered Accountant license from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and ranked 43rd in the country in the Final Chartered Accountancy examination. He is licensed as a certified public accountant in New York State.