Jessica Blatt, an Audit Partner, has been with Berdon LLP for more than 20 years. Her accounting and auditing experience encompasses an array of industry sectors, among them real estate, manufacturing, and hospitality. Jessica advises on complex real estate transactions and partnership agreements and consults on high-level tax issues and internal controls. She provides clients with income tax basis and GAAP auditing, financial reporting, and tax preparation services. In addition, she reviews corporate and partnership income tax returns.
Jessica’s specific experience includes:
- Developing tax projections and special-purpose reports to assist clients in their decision making
- Examining internal controls to isolate weaknesses and areas of exposure and improvement
- Performing forensic and investigative accounting
- Assisting in implementing new technology systems and accounting software
- Examining landlord rent escalation charges to protect against overpayments
- Reviewing and evaluating leasing arrangements to realize cost saving
- Assisting in analyzing new construction developments
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Jessica holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting, cum laude, from SUNY-Albany. She was licensed as a certified public accountant in New York in 1999.