An Audit Principal, Jerry Matiatos has more than 20 years of experience advising clients in the real estate, construction, medical, manufacturing, and wholesale sectors. He provides audit and tax services and consults on internal controls, operations, and compliance with government regulations.
His expertise extends to areas that include:
- Cash flow analysis – developing forecasts and identifying ways to improve cash flow
- Tax planning – advising on techniques to maximize tax advantages
- Reviewing operations and internal controls to isolate areas of risk and recommend ways to strengthen
- Personal business management – budgeting, bill paying, records management
- Structuring and negotiating the entry of new partners
- Advising on forming partnerships and dissolution agreements
Jerry also helps physicians maintain and enhance their profitability by reviewing billing procedures and analyzing collection and receivable ratios. Additionally, he assists in obtaining financing for operational office needs.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
Jerry delivers in-house presentations on technical issues for Berdon’s professional staff.
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Jerry earned his Bachelor of Science degree in accounting at Queens College of the City University of New York. He received his license as a certified public accountant in New York in 1990.