Evan Fox is the lead in Berdon’s Digital Asset Advisory Practice, where he advises clients involved in the still progressing blockchain and cryptocurrency field. He also serves as a tax principal and works with clients across the real estate and hospitality spectrum — owners, operators, managers, investors — as well as the insurance sector.
His experience encompasses areas that include:
- Transactional consultation for real estate and operating businesses
- Compliance with REIT rules and regulations
- Analyzing the tax implications of evolving cryptocurrency and blockchain technology
- Provide tax planning and preparation services
- Identify tax credits and other potential savings opportunities
- Resolving tax questions and technical issues
- Advise on the value of stocks, bonds, notes and other financial instruments
- Assist in analyzing the tax consequences of sales and purchases of real estate
- Consult on ways to limit tax liability
Mr. Fox has been admitted to practice before the U.S. Tax Court. He has been interviewed by CNBC and Investopedia on the impact of tax law on the use of cryptocurrencies.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
New York State Bar Association
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Mr. Fox holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from the University of Michigan. He earned his Juris Doctor degree, magna cum laude, from Brooklyn Law School and Master of Laws in Taxation from New York University School of Law.