A principal in Berdon LLP’s audit department, Christopher Imperiale has more than 10 years of experience in public accounting. He is one of the firm’s key advisors to law practices and also works with closely held businesses in the real estate and hospitality sectors.
His expertise extends to areas that include:
- Providing traditional GAAP and income tax basis auditing and financial reporting services
- Providing corporate tax planning and preparation services to closely held businesses and their owners
- Reviewing corporate and partnership tax returns to identify savings opportunities and ways to reduce exposure
- Determining the tax implications of transactions involving like-kind exchanges
For law practices, Mr. Imperiale’s consulting expertise extends to:
- Evaluating the tax and financial impact of partnership agreements
- Consulting with firm management on topics such as partner compensation systems, succession planning and profitability analysis
- Evaluating internal controls – identifying weaknesses and suggesting approaches to increase efficiency
- Reviewing the due diligence performed for potential law firm mergers and lateral partner additions
Mr. Imperiale provides technical training on a variety of topics for staff, and is also active in on-campus recruiting for the firm.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
Accountant Attorney Networking Group
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Association of Legal Administrators, Long Island Chapter
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
Trusted Advisor Group
Mr. Imperiale’s article “Attracting and Retaining the Millennial Lawyer” appeared in Law360 and he was chosen as a 40 Under 40 honoree by Long Island Business News.
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Mr. Imperiale graduated from St. Joseph’s University with a Bachelor of Business Administration in accounting. He is licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in New York State.