A Partner at Berdon LLP with more than 30 years of experience, Charles Perry has particular expertise in providing personal wealth services and tax planning and compliance to a broad range of high net worth individuals and families — among them business owners and entrepreneurs. To help clients increase and retain wealth, he advises them on areas as varied as financial and succession planning, cash liquidity and investment analysis, and estate and gift tax planning.
Charles’ expertise extends to:
- Reviewing and monitoring contracts and agreements to evaluate if all parties are fulfilling their obligations and staying within the terms of the contract
- Individual income tax planning and tax return preparation
- Advising on investment planning for retirement, education, and liquidity purposes
- Personal budgeting
- International taxation
- Coordinating financial data with clients’ attorneys, financial advisors and other professionals to see that financial and personal needs are met
- Providing clients with details of their assets and net worth
- Assisting in decision making with respect to business and personal transactions
His audit experience includes preparing and conducting audits and reviews of financial statements for a variety of clients.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
Charles has participated in the presentation of Continuing Legal Education courses on accounting subjects.
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Charles graduated from Adelphi University with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree. He was licensed as a certified public accountant in New York in 1993.