Alexander Moshinsky, Director of Operational Advisory and Risk Management at Berdon LLP, brings more than 25 years of experience in the financial services, real estate, and other sectors — working with major institutions and government regulatory agencies including broker dealers and dark pool network operators. A highly accomplished senior financial professional, he has extensive experience in enterprise risk management (ERM), Sarbanes-Oxley 404 and 302 compliance, operational risk, internal auditing, corporate governance, AML compliance, Information Technology General Computer Controls (ITGC), public accounting, dispute consulting and forensic investigations.
Throughout his career he has held senior positions at major companies and risk services advisory practices of national and Big Four accounting firms.
Alex’s experience encompasses the following areas, among others:
- Design, development, and implementation of enterprise risk management frameworks
- Planning and execution of internal audit engagements, including evaluation and testing of design and effectiveness of internal controls and associated remediation
- Implementation, testing, and ongoing compliance of Sarbanes-Oxley 404 and 302 compliance programs
- Compliance services for COSO’13 and CoBiT control frameworks
- Establishment and oversight of operational risk programs
- FCPA, Anti-bribery, anti-money laundering (AML) compliance and examinations
- Compliance with SEC’s Financial responsibilities rules for broker-dealer
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
Institute of Internal Auditors
Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) – Internal Auditors Society
Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
EDUCATION AND HONORS
Alex holds a Bachelor of Science, Cum Laude, in Accounting from Boston College. He is licensed as a CPA in New York and Massachusetts and speaks fluent Russian and is proficient in Ukrainian.