Nicole Barthelemy is a principal in Berdon LLP’s audit department with more than 10 years of professional experience in public accounting. Ms. Barthelemy provides an array of accounting, auditing, and tax services for clients throughout the real estate and hospitality industries. She works closely with real estate owners, managers, developers, and investors as well as REITs, that are involved in a broad spectrum of properties — among them residential, commercial, retail, and shopping malls as well as properties under development. In the hospitality arena, she has a particular specialty in guiding clients in the food and beverage sector.
Ms. Barthelemy’s areas of expertise include:
- Preparing and reviewing GAAP, income tax basis, and special purpose financial statements
- Reviewing partnership and corporate tax returns
- Performing certiorari filings and operating expense and real estate escalation audits
- Developing tax projections for potential sales and purchases as well as determining the tax implications of various types of debt restructuring and like-kind exchanges
- Analyzing new construction developments
- Advising startups and growing businesses on tax planning and guiding them in setting up and maintaining records
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
CoreNet – Long Island Chapter
Long Island Real Estate Group
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Nicole Barthelemy holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in accounting from Baruch College. She was licensed as a certified public accountant in New York State in 2010.