Jon Scalzitti is a principal in Berdon LLP's audit department with nearly 15 years of experience providing accounting, auditing and tax services to both commercial and residential real estate owners, operators, investors, and developers as well as REITs. Working closely with clients, he analyzes the tax and financial impact of transactions and recommends various treatments and techniques to achieve the most effective results.
His expertise extends to areas that include:
- Calculating and analyzing the tax consequences of potential sales and purchases of real estate
- Assisting in analyzing new construction developments
- Determining the tax implications of various types of debt restructuring and like-kind exchanges
- Analyzing operating expenses and real estate tax escalations to isolate any miscalculations, ambiguities, or questionable areas
- Performing tax projections and planning
- Planning and supervising audits
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
Association for Corporate Growth
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Mr. Scalzitti graduated from Pace University with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in accounting. He was licensed as a certified public accountant in New York in 2008.