Three simple words say it all: Listen. Solve. Do.
That's why clients choose Berdon and that's why clients stay with us, many for decades and across multiple generations. Our clients know, as do the many bankers, attorneys and other professionals who refer their clients and colleagues to us, that the Berdon team will listen to their issues, solve their problems, and execute the solution to the highest degree.
With that mantra of Listen, Solve, Do, Berdon's professionals keep to the highest standards, deliver technical excellence, and exhibit professionalism in all that we do, in a culture that fosters teamwork and innovation. These principles have been the cornerstone of Berdon since our founding in 1917 and have propelled Berdon to national prominence.
There are no technical silos at Berdon. Teamwork is the basis for our shared growth and excellence as well as the source of client satisfaction. We bring our collective expertise to bear on the client's behalf. With two offices — one in Manhattan and one on Long Island — we do not wait for answers or experts from distant offices to respond to a client issue. This concentration of talent, combined with the collegial atmosphere of the firm, allow us to be nimble and responsive to client issues.
In addition, there are several other defining factors that separate Berdon from our peer firms:
- We sell no product and manage no assets. We advise you by examining your situation from all perspectives and introduce you to individuals whom we feel will best serve your interests. While other firms have launched insurance or wealth management arms, Berdon has steadfastly stayed away from these related practices. Our independence makes us more valuable to you; our independence makes our advice more honest.
- The majority of Berdon’s tax partners, in addition to being CPAs, also hold the J.D. and LL.M. degrees. Many of our professionals hold other advanced degrees, among them ABV, CFE, and PFS. This advanced education and knowledge of tax law allows us to bring a perspective to our clients that few accountants can provide. Simply put, we are a firm of over-achievers and we are proud of it.
- Our auditors bring an entrepreneurial perspective to their clients. They are big picture thinkers who think and act like business owners, not bean counters. They look behind the numbers at your processes, procedures, policies, and more, to advise you on operational and business issues as well as financial issues.
Berdon is consistently ranked by trade and consumer publications among the nation's top CPA and advisory firms. With more than 400 professionals and staff, clients access a comprehensive array of accounting, tax, financial, and management advisory services. Through our specialized expertise and dedicated service teams, we advise on almost every aspect of a business at any stage of development — from startup through growth, diversification, and succession.
With Berdon, you work with some of the leading minds in the accounting profession who take pride in finding the right solutions — from the practical and straightforward, to the wholly new and groundbreaking. Clients tap into us for strategies and techniques to minimize taxes, maximize profits, grow their businesses, enhance their net worth, preserve and transfer wealth, and prepare for a financially secure retirement. You get access to the special skills, insights, and distinctive perspectives of the entire firm as we look at each situation through the eye of the accountant and the business person. We recognize and plan for the complex interplay between the needs and goals of the business, the family, and the individual. It's all part of our signature thinktank approach.
Our clients expect us to serve them with an exceptionally diverse and boundless array of business skills and disciplines that will help them compete in a global marketplace. They have to come to depend on us to anticipate their needs, rather than to merely react to events. We remain driven not by what we did yesterday or in bygone years, but by what our clients need us to do for them tomorrow.
If your needs cross international borders, our service extends worldwide through our membership in TIAG, a global alliance of more than 115 independent accounting firms in over 65 countries, as well as its sister alliance of independent law firms, TAGLaw. We have relationships on the ground all over the world, yet our clients do not face the national or international overhead that burden global firms.
Extensive Range of Clients
From individuals to privately held organizations to multinational corporations, our clients operate in virtually every business sector, industry, and profession, among them:
- Advertising | Communications | Technology
- Architecture | Engineering | Construction
- Employee Benefit Plans | Unions | Nonprofits
- Family Office | High Net Worth Individuals
- Financial & Related
- Insurance Brokers & Agencies
- Law Firms
- Manufacturing | Distribution | Retail
- Real Estate
Our services include:
- Assurance & Accounting
- Business Advisory | Mergers & Acquisitions
- Digital Asset Advisory Services
- Fund Administration Services
- Internal Controls & Risk Management
- International Advisory Services
- Litigation, Valuation & Dispute Resolution
- Personal Wealth Services
- State & Local Taxation
- Tax & Advisory Services