Vincent J. Gatto, a Berdon LLP tax principal, has been with the firm for 15 years. He works closely with high net worth individuals and family/owner managed business clients, advising on estate and income tax issues, succession and financial planning, and wealth preservation matters.
Vincent’s experience extends to:
- Tax planning and reviewing federal and state income tax returns for high net worth individuals
- Planning and reviewing fiduciary income tax returns and decedent’s final returns
- Planning and reviewing federal and state estate and gift tax returns
- Planning and reviewing federal and multistate corporate, partnership and nonprofit tax returns
- Preparing and reviewing accountings in surrogate’s court format for executors and trustees
- Consulting on updating estate and financial plans, including reviewing wills, trust instruments, in-force insurance illustrations, and asset allocation investment models
- Devising sophisticated estate planning strategies, among them grantor retained annuity trusts, defective grantor trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, generation skipping trusts, charitable trusts, and family limited partnerships
- Assisting with budgeting, projections, and cash flow concerns
- Advising on succession planning
- Retirement planning, including calculating minimum distribution requirements
- Working with client management teams in researching and resolving tax questions and technical issues
- Collaborating with attorneys, financial advisors, insurance specialists and other professionals
He provides in-house technical training on tax issues to new staff and is a member of Berdon’s Trusts and Estates committee and Personal Wealth Services Group.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Financial Planning Association
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Vincent J. Gatto holds a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Fairfield University. He was licensed as a certified public accountant in New York State in 1996, earned his Certified Financial Planner certification in 2004 and received his M.S. in taxation from the Lubin School of Business, Pace University in 2012.