Tony Cucci, a retired audit partner, was with Berdon LLP for more than three decades. He advised organizations across an array of industries, among them real estate, construction, co-ops and condominiums, architecture, engineering, and other professional services. Consulting on all aspects of accounting, auditing, and tax planning and structuring, he guided U.S. based and overseas clients on ways to improve profitability and cash flow, develop accurate budgets, decrease overhead, and strengthen internal controls and reporting.
Mr. Cucci’s broad-based experience spans:
- Performing construction audits for contractors and developers
- Assisting in forensic investigations in real estate and construction disputes
- Overseeing audits to improve efficiencies and controls
- Reviewing internal controls to detect and prevent noncompliance and reduce exposure
- Performing due diligence and evaluating projections and financial forecasts along with underlying assumptions
- Structuring transactions to minimize tax impact
- Setting up partnership agreements
- Advising on mergers and acquisitions to increase tax benefits
- Consulting on effective internal reporting procedures for real estate and construction businesses
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Long Island Real Estate Group
New York Building Congress
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Past treasurer, Real Estate Committee, Nassau Chapter
- Past member, Real Estate Committee
- Past member, Construction Contractors' Committee
Mr. Cucci spoke to architectural, engineering, and construction groups on accounting and management techniques to maximize profits, and has presented seminars for the Building Owners’ and Managers’ Association of Greater New York and for the Real Estate Committee of the New York Society of Certified Public Accountants. He was featured in Long Island Business News’ accounting “Ones To Watch” and “Who’s Who” sections and advised on banking relationships in Accounting Today. Mr. Cucci also coauthored the article “Partnership Agreements Grant Certainty In Uncertain Times” for Nassau Lawyer.
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
A graduate of Adelphi University, Mr. Cucci received a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in accounting. He obtained his license as a certified public accountant in New York in 1981.