Oleg Ikhelson, a Berdon LLP tax principal, has nearly 20 years of experience advising high net worth individuals and families as well as organizations in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors. He develops sophisticated estate and income tax planning strategies and advises on the tax implications of investment models and products. Mr. Ikhelson also introduces time-saving ideas to streamline tax compliance and reduce tax correspondence.
Mr. Ikhelson's expertise includes:
- Providing state residency and IRS audit defense
- Advising on the taxation of complex investment vehicles
- Using GRATs and FLPs in estate planning
- Consulting on the taxation of equity compensation
- Filing individual, trust, foundation, and partnership tax returns
- Assessing the tax consequences of exercising stock options
- Planning for the AMT
- Advising on the impact of pending tax law changes
Before joining Berdon, Mr. Ikhelson worked with a private wealth management firm.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Bar Association
- Tax Section Member
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
New Jersey State Bar Association
New Jersey State Society of Certified Public Accountants
Mr. Ikhelson has written newsletters and articles and spoken before professional associations on topics of interest to high net worth individuals. He is fluent in Russian.
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Mr. Ikhelson earned his Juris Doctor degree, Cum Laude, from Rutgers School of Law. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree and a Master of Science degree in the economics of mechanical engineering from the National Aerospace School of Economics, Kharkiv, Ukraine. Mr. Ikhelson is licensed as a CPA in New Jersey, has been admitted to the New Jersey Bar and the New York Bar, and has appeared before the United States Tax Court.