Mitchell Marcus, an audit principal, has been with Berdon LLP for nearly 15 years. His accounting and auditing experience encompasses an array of industry sectors among them real estate and manufacturing. Mr. Marcus provides clients with income tax basis and GAAP auditing, financial reporting, and tax preparation services. He also reviews corporate and partnership income tax returns.
Mr. Marcus' specific experience includes:
- Examining internal controls to isolate weaknesses and areas of exposure and improvement
- Verifying REIT compliance
- Planning and supervising audits, reviews, and compilations
- Assessing whether the statements present a company's financial situation, operations,
and cash flows in accord with GAAP or another basis of accounting
- Spotlighting questionable areas and practices; and offering suggestions to remediate
- Auditing 401(k) plans
- Helping ensure compliance with Internal Revenue Code, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, and Department of Labor requirements
- Seeing that contributions are reasonable and paid into the plan on time
Mitchell provides technical training to Berdon professionals at all levels on a variety of issues and topics.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP AND ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Internal Audit Committee
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Mr. Marcus holds a bachelor's degree in accounting from SUNY-Binghamton. He was licensed as a certified public accountant in New York in 2006.