Michael Rosenbaum, an audit partner and Co-Chair of the Advertising, Communications, and Technology Practice, has been with Berdon LLP for more than three decades. Involved in all aspects of accounting, auditing, and tax, he works closely with advertising agencies and other service-related firms ranging from boutique operations to nationally prominent firms. He has been instrumental in helping clients grow from small agencies to significantly larger enterprises, assisting them with their bank relationships to leverage negotiations of various forms of financing arrangements.
His particular expertise spans:
- Evaluating capital requirements and advising on funding alternatives
- Advising on partnership and exit agreements
- Reviewing compensation, including retirement and death benefits
- Establishing efficient operations in areas involving collections, tracking client expenses, and sales tax collections, among other issues
- Setting up effective internal controls to ensure compliance
- Controlling vendor expenses
Mr. Rosenbaum is also Managing Director of Berdon Claims Administration LLC — a wholly owned subsidiary of Berdon LLP and one of the nation’s largest claims administrators. He has been involved with a multitude of settlement funds, aggregating in excess of billions of dollars. These matters include securities, antitrust, consumer, and discrimination actions brought against national and international companies. In addition, his experience includes forensic auditing, acquisition and due diligence reviews, and SEC filings for publicly held clients.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants:
- Past member, Advertising Committee; Co-chair, various committee panels
Sid Jacobson JCC, East Hills, NY, President, Board of Directors
Country Estates Civic Association, Roslyn, NY, Treasurer
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Mr. Rosenbaum graduated from Adelphi University with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in accounting in 1978. In 1981, he obtained his license as a certified public accountant in New York. He holds a degree in Information Systems Auditing from New York University.