Mike Gottstein, an accounting and audit partner at Berdon LLP and Chair of Berdon Fund Services LLC, has more than 20 years of experience in accounting and finance. Mike advises clients of all sizes in the private equity, real estate, and construction sectors. Previously, he was an accounting and finance professional in the private sector for companies in manufacturing and commercial real estate.
Mr. Gottstein’s experience includes accounting, administrative, auditing, and consulting services for private equity funds, broker dealers, REITs, property managers, owner/operators, condominium developers, and general contractors.
His experience encompasses areas that include:
- Financial reporting, including GAAP basis and income tax basis.
- Review and preparation of REIT, partnership, and corporation tax returns.
- Fund administration services
- Providing or assisting operators with:
- Full scope audits
- Internal accouting and reporting
- Internal control
- Lease audits
- Operating escalation audits
- Waterfalls and carried interests
- New York City certiorara filings
- Budgeting, projections, and forecast
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Private Equity Committee
Mr. Gottstein is co-chair of the Audit and Accounting Training Committee at Berdon LLP and has appeared in The Commercial Observer and Real Estate Bisnow.
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Mike Gottstein earned a Bachelor of Science degree, with the highest honors, in accounting from Rutgers University. He is licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in New York.