A tax principal at Berdon LLP for more than 15 years, Michael Gleeson works closely with many of the firm’s largest real estate clients — assisting with tax planning, reviewing tax returns, and advising on an array of financial matters. He also guides high net worth individuals, providing tax, trust, and estate planning services.
Mr. Gleeson’s real estate-related experience includes assisting with:
- Operation and formation of tiered partnerships
- Consolidated multistate realty corporations
- Federal and state compliance issues and audits
- Structuring LLCs and partnerships as part of succession planning
Working with partnerships, he has been involved in:
- Planning and consulting on corporate and personal financial matters to retain and increase wealth
- Advising clients on succession planning to ensure continuity — blending business, financial, family, and individual interests
- Long-term tax planning to minimize tax liability and maximize advantages
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
New York State Bar Association
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Mr. Gleeson earned his bachelor’s degree in accounting from C.W. Post University, where he also earned a master’s degree in taxation. He holds a Juris Doctor degree from St. John’s University, and he received his New York license as a certified public accountant in 1985.