Miaoling Lin, an audit partner at Berdon LLP, has more than two decades of experience in public accounting. Prior to joining Berdon, Ms. Lin was a partner with Koch Group and Company, LLP and previous to that, controller of a prestigious New York City architectural firm. Her diverse background gives her the ability to analyze complex problems and arrive at the most effective business solutions. It also allows her to formulate strategies that will enhance her client's decision making process. She has consulted with charter schools on bond financing and other debt instruments.
Ms. Lin specializes in not-for-profit organizations, real estate entities and charter schools. Within the real estate industry, she has extensive experience in low income housing tax credit projects.
Her expertise includes:
- Not-for-profit audits
- Preparation of Form 990
- Charter school audits
- Pension audits
- Real estate syndication audit and tax return preparation.
- Single audits under Uniform Guidance and audits under HUD, GAGAS, ACS, DHCR, CACFP, etc.
- Cost certifications, 10% carryovers, breakeven analyses, 95/5 bond questionnaires and other agreed upon procedures for low income housing tax credit projects
- Consulting with developers in structuring projects that provide the most beneficial combination of equity investment, debt financing, subsidy financing, and the use of Brownfield credits, solar credits, and historical credits
- Reviewing real estate operating agreements from both business and tax aspects
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
Chinese American Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Vice President, Treasurer and Director
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
AWARD AND PUBLICATION
Bhanu Murthy Memorial Prize, Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Iowa.
She was featured in "It's Amazing What CPAs Can Do" - an article published in the CPA Journal in February 2017 and again in April 2017.
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Ms. Lin graduated from New York University Stern's CPA Advanced Professional Certificate Program in May 1994. She holds a Master of Business Administration Degree in Finance and Marketing from the University of Iowa and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Foreign Languages and Literature from National Taiwan University. She is licensed as a certified public accountant in New York State and is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and Taiwanese.