Marcy Greenfield is a Berdon LLP audit principal with more than 15 years of experience in public accounting. She specializes in providing both audit and tax services to clients in the real estate arena and in the manufacturing and distribution sector, including wine businesses.
Her expertise extends to areas that include:
- Planning and carrying out audits of financial statements
- Assessing whether the statements present a company’s financial situation, operations, and cash flows in accord with GAAP or another basis of accounting
- Spotlighting questionable areas and practices; and offering suggestions to remediate the concerns
- Reviewing operations and internal controls to identify areas of exposure and develop ways to strengthen controls and increase efficiency
- Auditing 401(k) plans
- Helping ensure compliance with Internal Revenue Code, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, and Department of Labor requirements
- Seeing that contributions are reasonable and paid into the plan on time
- Providing corporate tax planning and preparation services
- Identifying tax savings opportunities and ways to reduce exposure
- Alerting clients to current and pending credits and advising on how to qualify
Marcy provides technical training on an array of topics for new staff and is active in on-campus recruiting for the firm.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
Association fo Corporate Growth
Middle Market Alliance of Long Island
Institute of Management Accountants
- Education Committee
Marcy was selected by Long Island Business News for Who’s Who: Women in Professional Services and for the Top 50 Women on Long Island. In addition, she is an LIBN 40 Under 40 and Ones to Watch honoree. She offered insights on the auditing process and identifying questionable practices in The Trusted Professional.
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Marcy Greenfield earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in accounting at City University of New York — Brooklyn College. She received her license as a certified public accountant in New York State in 2000.