Kenneth H. Kranz, a tax principal at Berdon LLP with more than 35 years of professional experience, specializes in tax planning and consulting for high net worth individuals and their families, with a focus on those in the financial sector. Working closely with private equity managers, investors, venture capitalists, and partners, as well as business owners, he advises in such areas as tax compliance, estate and retirement planning, and wealth preservation. Prior to joining Berdon, Mr. Kranz was the founder and president of Kenneth H. Kranz CPA, PC, a midtown Manhattan tax and accounting firm.
Ken’s expertise encompasses:
- Pursuing federal tax savings and deferral opportunities while helping clients stay compliant with the latest tax regulations
- Advising on approaches to minimize taxes by using charitable trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, and family limited partnerships, among others
- Reviewing wills to isolate areas that need to be revisited and updated due to births, deaths, divorce, and other changes
- Developing retirement plans incorporating the use of IRAs, Roth IRAs, and other savings instruments
- Consulting with attorneys and other advisors to develop and implement estate and intrafamily gifting plans
- Devising wealth protection and preservation strategies for high net worth individuals and their families
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Chatham (NY) Synagogue
- Finance Committee
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Ken holds a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Syracuse University and received a Juris Doctor degree from Brooklyn Law School. He is licensed as a certified public accountant in New York State and is a member of the New York State Bar.