Joshua Landman is a Berdon LLP tax principal with the firm for more than 15 years. He works with closely held businesses, real estate organizations, law firms, and hospitality clients on both corporate and individual tax issues and advises on the tax aspects of transactions. Previously, he served in the audit department of a Big Four firm.
Mr. Landman’s experience extends to:
- Preparing and reviewing federal and multistate corporate, partnership, trust, and individual returns
- Evaluating the tax and economic outcomes of real estate transactions
- Identifying tax-savings opportunities
- Advising on the tax treatment of foreign income and U.S. income of overseas companies
- Developing models to offer clients various scenarios for a transaction
- Researching and resolving client tax questions and technical matters
- Assisting in complying with tax audits
- Guiding clients in taking advantage of government voluntary disclosure programs
- Introducing ways to improve operational efficiency and reduce tax exposure
- Providing estate tax planning for high net worth individuals
Mr. Landman provides in-house seminars to the firm and partnership tax training to new hires and audit staff.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Joshua Landman holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Binghamton University and a
Master of Science degree in Taxation from City University of New York — Baruch College. He was licensed
as a certified public accountant in New York State in 2001.