John Agogliati is a principal in the firm's Valuation Services group with broad experience in valuation and damage analysis. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Agogliati was a manager in the Financial Advisory Services group of a Big Four accounting firm.
Mr. Agogliati’s valuation experience encompasses the full range of commercial and intellectual property damages, including forensic analysis associated with developing underlying data incorporated in his damages models. Mr. Agogliati has performed damages analysis, and in many cases provided expert testimony, for matters such as breach of contract, product liability, business interruption, legal malpractice, and accountant malpractice, among others. In regard to his valuation experience, he has prepared hundreds of business valuations over his 18-plus year valuation career. Mr. Agogliati has performed valuations of closely-held companies, financial instruments, derivatives and complex assets for litigation, transaction, estate tax, gift tax and financial reporting purposes.
He couples his background in engineering with his expertise in financial analysis to develop rigorous understandings of underlying technology and financial processes. Mr. Agogliati's experience ranges from multinational companies and assets to small closely-held companies to private equity and hedge funds. He has performed his analyses for a wide range of industries including manufacturing and process-oriented industries such as food, beverage, paper, pulp, chemical, pharmaceutical, oil, gas, printing and steel. Mr. Agogliati has also performed analyses of transportation, financial services, real estate and technology related companies.
PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS & LICENSES
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA)
New York Society of Security Analysts
American Society of Appraisers
PUBLICATIONS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
Article: "Tag-Along And Drag-Along Rights: A Valuation Analyst's View", Law360, co-author, May 12, 2015
Article: "Court Points the Way on Two Critical Issues in Quantifying Damages" Berdon of Proof, Volume 8, Number 1, 2009.
Presentation: "Valuation - Art of Science? From an Appraiser's Point of View," 45th Annual Estate Planning Institute, September 2014
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
John Agogliati earned a Bachelor of Science degree in chemical engineering at Lehigh University's P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science. He also holds a Master of Business Administration degree in finance from Lehigh's College of Business and Economics. He received his charter from the CFA Institute in 2002 and his Accredited Senior Appraiser designation from the American Society of Appraisers in 2014.
EXPERT REPORTS AND TESTIMONY
- Valufinder Group, Inc. v. Lincolnshire Management, Inc.
American Arbitration Association (Case: 13-489-Y-01794-06 01 HACO-C)
- El Latino Corporation v. Sanyo North America Corporation and Sprint Nextel Corporation
District Court, Sedgwick County, Kansas (No. 08-CV-1698)
- Horns Inc. and Francine Horn v. Geller, Marzano & Company CPA’s, P.C. and Dean Hernan
Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of New York (No. 113883-05)
- Wall Street Source, Inc. v. Thomson Financial, LLC et al.
Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of New York (No. 601586/09)
- Ram Potti et al. v. Jubilant Life Sciences Ltd., et al.
American Arbitration Association (International Center for Dispute Resolution)(Case No. 50 122 T 00072 12)
- B.D. Estate Planning Corp. v. Marcy Trachtenberg, as Trustee of the Ellis Limquee Family Insurance Trust and Carolyn Limquee, Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of New York (No. 11-651006)
- Don Lia Mobile Management, Inc., et al. v. Environmental Compliance Services, Inc., et al.
Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Superior Court C.A. (No. 09-00140-A)
- Elsie Jeanty and Frantz Jeanty v. Kenneth P. Morelli
Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of Suffolk (No. 007723/2008)
- Bodum USA, Inc. v. Nils Goran Lindblad and Design House Stockholm, Inc.
Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of New York (No. 111656/09)
- Diane Thomas and Jacqueline Hassett et al. v. William A. Mallins
Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of Suffolk (No. 15898-2010)
- Kason Industries, Inc. v. Component Hardware Group, Inc.
United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia (Atlanta Division)(Civil Action File No. 3:13-cv-12-TCB)
- Dorsey R. Gardner et al. v. The Major Automotive Companies, Inc. et al. United States District Court, Eastern District of New York (Civil Action File No. 11-CV-1664 (FB)(VMS))
- Maddjack Enterprises, LLC (d/b/a Philstockworld.com) v. Neil Della Torre, James Becher, Rachel Votto, Bechner, Della Torree, Gitto & Company, P.C., and BDG Information Systems, LLC Superior Court Of New Jersey, Bergen County: Law Division (Docket No: L-7539-12)
- Nador Group, Inc. v. Tarter Krinsky & Drogin LLP and Steven Troup Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of New York (Docket No: 103671/10)