Joan P. Fox-Bannerman is a partner at Berdon LLP with nearly 30 years of experience in public accounting. She specializes in affordable housing, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), low income housing tax credits, and not-for-profit organizations. She is proficient in the requirements of the low income housing tax credit programs for New York State Homes and Community Renewal (HCR) and New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency (NJHMFA. Her proficiency extends to historic credits, solar credits, and NJ ERG credits requirements.
Her expertise includes:
- Certification of tax credit eligible costs for low income housing tax credit projects for HUD, HCR, NJHMFA and other state agencies
- Analysis of 10% carryover tests for 9% tax credit allocations
- Analysis of 95-5 and 50% tests for tax exempt bond transactions
- Audits of syndicated partnerships, not-for-profits, HUD projects and single audits under Uniform Guidance
- Preparation of tax returns for not-for-profits, partnerships, and S corporations
- Consulting with developers to maximize the benefits of affordable housing tax credit transactions
- Consulting with clients on year 15 analysis and strategies
- Knowledgeable in HUD and REAC submissions
- Advising on compliance requirements including the complexities of low income housing occupancy requirements
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Ms. Fox-Bannerman earned her Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Accounting from Iona College. She is licensed as a certified public accountant in New York State.