Jennifer L. Prosperino, a Berdon Personal Wealth Services principal, has nearly 20 years of experience advising a diverse array of high net worth individuals — among them executives, entrepreneurs, attorneys, doctors, athletes, divorcees, and widowers. Ms. Prosperino guides clients on all aspects of their financial lives, translating technical language into English to help clients better understand their choices and the impact on themselves and their family. Acting as a financial quarterback, she sees that planning is coordinated with clients’ attorneys, brokers, insurance agents, and other advisors as well as with family members. With her strong tax background, she factors in the short- and long-term tax implications into the overall planning. Prior to joining Berdon, Ms. Prosperino was a partner at wealth management firm Joel Isaacson & Co.
Ms. Prosperino brings her particular expertise to areas that include:
- Guiding clients in the proper treatment and exercise strategies for outstanding stock options that fit their circumstances
- Analyzing all aspects of insurance needs, including property and casualty, life, disability, and long-term care
- Reviewing and integrating company benefits with personal policies
- Helping to fine tune cash flow to meet immediate and long-term needs, including appropriate debt management strategies
- Working closely with the clients’ attorneys to help develop and implement trust and estate plans
- Presenting options for funding college, weighing leasing vs. buying a car, shopping mortgage rates and fees, even finding a nanny
- Monitoring target allocations with clients’ investment advisors
Her article “Scoring Points Against the Jock Tax” appeared in Access Athlete’s E-Guide For Professional Athletes. She has been quoted on wealth planning issues facing athletes in ESPN the Magazine and Long Island Business News. For Bloomberg and SiriusXM radio, she participated in panel discussions on "A Woman's Roadmap to the Detours of Life" covering such areas as divorce and the death of a spouse.
Ms. Prosperino has been a speaker at Fidelity Charitable® Advisor Leadership Forums on such topics as trends in charitable giving, the strategic use of donor-advised funds, and donating complex assets to charity.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Personal Financial Planning Section
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
New York Women in Film and Television
Women in Sports and Events
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Ms. Prosperino holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in accounting from Pace University and earned the Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) designation from the AICPA. She is licensed as a certified public accountant in New York.