A principal in Berdon LLP's audit department, Ian Alberts has nearly 15 years of experience in public accounting. He provides an array of audit, accounting, and tax services to closely held businesses and high net worth individuals in the distribution sectors, including produce, plumbing supply, and men's apparel businesses. Ian is an integral member of Berdon LLP's Manufacturing, Distribution, and Retail Practice Group, and also works in the real estate and hospitality arenas.
His expertise encompasses areas that include:
- Planning and carrying out audits of financial statements in accordance with GAAP
or another basis of accounting
- Coordinating, supervising, and reviewing audit and attest work assignments
- Providing tax planning and projection services to family businesses and private individuals
- Reviewing corporate and partnership tax returns to identify savings opportunities
and ways to reduce exposure by ensuring compliance with the Internal Revenue Code
- Determining the tax implications of transactions involving like-kind exchanges
- Developing special purpose financial statements relating to certiorari filings and the
cash flow clauses of leases
- Reviewing operations and internal controls to identify areas of risk and develop ways
to strengthen controls and increase efficiency
Mr. Alberts provides technical training on a variety of topics for staff, such as inventory procedures and preparing and understanding cash flow statements. He is also active in on-campus recruiting for the firm.
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Hauppauge Industrial Association of Long Island
- Manufacturing and Membership Committees
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
Ian Alberts was selected by Long Island Business News as a "40 Under 40" honoree.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND ACTIVITIES
Ian Alberts graduated from Binghamton University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting.
He is licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in New York State. Mr. Alberts presented an introduction
to mid-size accounting firms to Beta Alpha Psi at both the University of Albany and St. John's University.