Bruce M. Gorman, an audit partner, has been with Berdon LLP for more than 35 years. Advising on accounting and auditing issues, he works closely with clients across a broad range of industries, including real estate, law, architecture and engineering, manufacturing, website developers, and service businesses, helping them strengthen their bottom lines and prepare for the future. In addition to consulting in accounting areas, Mr. Gorman provides litigation support for attorneys and clients, specializing in forensic accounting, royalty investigations, and malpractice issues. He is also involved in all aspects of financial reporting and provides expert witness testimony on accounting issues.
Mr. Gorman’s broad-based expertise also spans:
- Performing due diligence and structuring acquisitions to enhance buyer tax benefits
- Assisting in partner buyouts and agreements
- Reviewing cash flows, analyzing operational issues, and preparing financial projections to implement effective business plans
- Performing operational audits to increase efficiency and institute more effective controls
- Developing succession plans to help ensure family/owner-managed business continuity
- Performing royalty investigations, including reviewing and analyzing contracts and royalty statements for compliance
- Developing financial and accounting analyses of bankrupt companies for restructuring efforts
- Advising clients in negotiating credit arrangements
- Performing due diligence relating to accounting issues and settlement provisions
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
Mr. Gorman has served on the Audit Sampling and Analytical Techniques Committee as well as the Hospitality Committee of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Mr. Gorman graduated from New York University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in accounting. In 1980, he obtained his license as a certified public accountant in the State of New York.