Angela Katehis, a principal in Berdon LLP’s Quality Control Department, has more than 15 years of experience in public accounting. Ms. Katehis works with the firm’s Quality Control Committee, serving as the firm’s internal client service provider. Her experience encompasses a diverse range of industries and professions, among them real estate, nonprofit, manufacturing, financial services, hospitality, healthcare (for profit and nonprofit), subsidized housing, distribution, and retail. Leveraging her extensive experience in the areas of planning, organizing, and supervising engagements, Ms. Katehis:
- Reviews reports and work papers for technical accuracy
- Performs or oversees research projects
- Conducts internal inspections of audit procedures
- Presents in-house training seminars to enhance technical proficiency and update on new standards and procedures
- Assists in the ongoing development of the firm’s quality control systems
Previously, Ms. Katehis served as a director in the assurance area for a national accounting firm.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Hellenic Chamber of Commerce
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Healthcare Financial Management Association
New York Society of Certified Public Accountants
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Ms. Katehis holds a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from St. John’s University and is taking ongoing professional development courses in accounting, executive management, and leadership. She is licensed as a certified public accountant in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.