Alan Mandelbaum is an audit principal with more than 30 years of experience in public accounting. He specializes in helping retailers, real estate enterprises, franchisers, and nonprofit organizations strengthen their operations and improve their bottom line. Working closely with his clients with multistate operations, Mr. Mandelbaum has helped reduce both federal and multistate corporate taxes.
His broad-based experience includes:
- Overseeing operational audits to improve efficiencies and controls
- Helping clients comply with federal, state, and local regulations
- Performing due diligence and structuring acquisitions to enhance buyer tax benefits
- Assisting start-up and growing businesses with various accounting and tax issues
- Analysis and organization of financial documents
- Reviewing and analyzing accounting and computer systems
He assists clients with their banking relationships, including advising on various forms of borrowing arrangements.
Mr. Mandelbaum advises nonprofit entities and their directors in many areas, including:
- Evaluating internal controls to prevent or detect noncompliance
- Assisting financial officers in the preparation of organizational budgets
- Attending board of directors meetings and advising directors on the tax and audit developments that will impact their organization
- Supervising Uniform Guidance audits
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
New YorkState Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Retail Committee
- Committee on Not-for-Profits
His writing has appeared in Bankruptcy Strategist.
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Mr. Mandelbaum graduated from Bernard Baruch College of the City University of New York with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in accounting. He was licensed as a certified public accountant in New York in 1978.